What are Blind Pimples?
Acne is perhaps the most common chronic skin disease. It is an inflammatory condition of the sebaceous (that is fat or grease) glands and hair follicles usually found on the face, the neck, chest and shoulders. Nearly eight out of ten young people between the ages of 12 and 24 suffer from some degree of acne. It is closely related to the disturbance in the hormones experienced at puberty. Expensive products are not always the best. Here are top 10 home remedies for acne.
Top Acne Home Remedies for Blind Pimples
Here are top 10 acne home remedies to treat blind pimples and acne spots.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree is helpful for acne and other minor skin problems. So make a lotion by adding 40 drops of tea tree oil to 1/2 cup of rosewater and 1/2 cup of distilled witch hazel. Further, store in a dark glass bottle and shake well before use. Apply with a cotton swab three or four times a day.
- Plantain Juice: Plantain (ribwort) is an ancient herb used for health and beauty. So use plantain juice to treat problem skin and acne, topically and internally. Freshly squeezed juice can be taken 3 times daily at a dose of 1 to 2 tablespoons.
- Melon: Rub some melon on the skin at bedtime, and leave it on overnight. This helps to heal acne because it has cooling, anti-pitta quality. It also makes the skin soft.
- Blackberry Tea: A lotion made from cooled blackberry tea is useful for the treatment of acne and to help remove blackheads.
- Epsom Salt Solutions: Make a skin cleansing solution to help clear up blackheads. Firstly, add one teaspoon of Epsom salt and three drops of iodine to one-half cup of water and bring to a boil. Further let it cool. Afterwards dip in a clean cotton pad and use it to clean the pores. If you keep skin free of dirt and excess oil, the thinking goes, perhaps your pores will never get clogged. But over cleansing can cause acne by making your sebaceous glands produce more oil. Forget granulated cleansers. Also avoid washcloths; because they are abrasive and can accumulate bacteria if you reuse them. Instead, use a disposable cleansing cloth.
- Yogurt Honey Mask: In a small bowl, blend 60 g plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey. Mash 2 strawberries and fold into the yogurt mixture. Pull back your hair and wash your face with warm water. Use a cotton ball to spread the mask onto your face. Recline for 10 minutes while the fruit and milk acids do their work. Wash with cool water and pat dry with a clean towel. Yogurt contains lactic acid and strawberries contain several fruit acids, primarily citric acid. These acids help remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. Honey is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant.
- Grapefruit Juice: Drinking grapefruit juice can encourage healthy skin. This is useful in the treatment of acne because of its mild exfoliating properties.
- Witch Hazel: It is a natural topical treatment to tackle acne and blind pimples. Its a cleansing herbal tonic to detoxify your system within and is less sensitive as compare to conventional medication. Do it yourself a herbal antiseptic lotion with thyme, yarrow, comfrey and witch hazel. Thyme is antibacterial and antimicrobial while witch hazel is a natural astringent. Yarrow and comfrey are both superb skin healers.
- Firstly, put 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 1 teaspoon dried yarrow and dried comfrey in a bowl and cover with 100 ml boiling water.
- Cover bowl and steep for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, pour liquid into a bottle.
- Finally, add 60 ml witch hazel.
- To use, shake bottle well and upend onto a cotton ball.
- Wipe gently over skin.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Use within 10 days.
- Reduce Stress: Check your stress level. Severe acne is associated with psychological stress, though it’s hard to distinguish chicken from egg because acne can generate distress. It is known, however, and that taking medicine derived from the stress hormone cortisol (e.g., cortisone and prednisone) can trigger acne.
- Balanced Diet: Most doctors say diet has little bearing on acne. A few studies and anecdotal reports, however, link pimples with drinking milk and eating fried foods, potato chips, and sweets. To that reason, we recommend you eliminate junk foods, minimize dairy, and emphasize vegetables, fruits, and fish. Stick to lean cuts of poultry and meat. Notice whether a more wholesome diet improves your complexion.