Gray Hair Home Remedies – How to Make White Hair Black Naturally Without Dye? | What Causes White Hair? | What Causes of Premature Graying of Hair at Early Age? | Topics Related to Gray Hair Home Remedies
What are Gray Hair?
Graying of Hair is also known as (Scientific Binomial Name), White Hair (Common English), (Unani), Saphed Baal / Safed Bal (Hindi / Urdu), Campal muti (Tamil), Bhure / Pandhare Kes / Kes Pikane (Marathi), (Sanskrit), Dhusara cula (Bengali), Gre heyir (Telugu), Gre her (Kannada), naracca muti (Malayalam), Toufa huabai (Chinese), Pelo gris (Spanish), cabelo cinza (Portuguese), sedyye volosy (Russian).
White Hair Facts
The hair has a tendency to lose its natural color with advancing age. It is therefore natural for the hair to turn white with age. But premature graying is a morbid condition and it makes even the young look older. This causes a great deal of concern to affected persons, especially women. The hair is an appendage of the skin. It is composed of the same kind of cells as are found in the outer layer of the skin, known as epidermis. It grows from a hair follicle which is a deep recess in the epidermis. The sebaceous glands of the scalp secrete an oily substance called sebum, which is the source of nutrition, luster and blackness of the hair. The hair cannot be fed externally, for such nourishment as the scalp requires must come to it from the bloodstream.
What Causes of Premature Graying of Hair at Early Age?
A faulty diet and mental worries are the two primary causes of premature graying of hair. Grey hair at early age is getting common these days. It is mainly due to the lack of B vitamins, iron, copper and iodine in the daily diet. Unclean condition of the scalp can also be the reason for premature preying of hair. It makes roots of the hair weak, pores gets block by dirt. Washing the hair with hot water and drying them with electric dryers is also responsible for grey hair. As hair dryers emit a blast of hot air. Do not use factory made hair oils. Some of the factories are using acids to wash oils. And some of the acids have a tendency to remain in the oil.
Is gray hair caused by stress?
Mental worries produce an extraordinary tension in the skin of the scalp which interferes with the supply of vital nutrition necessary for the health of the hair. Similarly, anxieties, fear, jealousy and failures have adverse effects on the hair. They dry out the scapular marrow, the vital sap at the root of the hair. Heredity is another predisposing factor which gives rise to this ailment. Diseases like chronic cold, sinusitis, anemia, chronic constipation are also responsible for grey hair.
Home Remedies for Gray Hair. How to Make White Hair Black Naturally Without Dye?
How to make white hair black naturally without dye? Here are 11 best home remedies for gray hair. Certain home remedies are useful in the prevention and treatment of premature greying of hair.
- Black Hair Folk Remedy: Buff your fingernails against each other in a circular motion. Do this five minutes at a time, three times daily. This sure beats biting your nails and is also helps slow down hair loss and graying.
- Avoid Harmful Things: Don’t drink alcohol. Excessive drinking often causes premature graying of hair due to vitamin deficiency.
- Indian Gooseberry Natural Solution: Amla – Indian gooseberry is a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair growth and hair pigmentation. Cut the fruit into pieces and dry, preferably in the shade. Boil these pieces in coconut oil till solid matter become little charred dust. This darkish oil is very useful in preventing greying. The water in which dried amla pieces are soaked overnight is Indian gooseberry (amla) is considered highly beneficial in the treatment of premature graying of hair and also nourishing to the hair. Use it for the last rinse while washing the hair. Massaging the scalp with a teaspoonful of amla juice mixed with a teaspoonful of almond oil or few drops of lime juice, every night has proved beneficial in the prevention and treatment of premature graying of hair.
- Darkening Gray Hair: Make your own home version of Grecian formula for gray hair. It is a lot safer to use because it’s free of chemicals and only contains natural ingredients. In a heavy ceramic mixing bowl put 2 heaping tbsp. of dried sage and the same amount again of either orange pekoe or black tea. Then fill the bowl or jar half full of boiling water. Cover with a small dinner plate or aluminum foil and place in a moderately warm oven or in a large pan of boiling water on top of the stove on a low setting for at least a couple of hours. Then remove, allow to cool, stir well and strain. Now rub a small quantity of this infusion into the roots of the hair 4 – 5 times a week. Pretty soon the grayness will start fading away as the hair becomes darker in color once more. Thereafter, use this infusion just once or twice weekly for maintenance purposes only. Many of those who’ve tried this for themselves have experienced moderate hair growth in bald places or at the very least, an overall improvement in the tone and texture of their hair. To increase the shelf life of this infusion, add 3 tbsp. of either gin or rum to it.
- Clear Dandruff: Apple cider vinegar kills a variety of fungi and bacteria and hence is useful as a home remedy for dandruff. Mix one part water with one part apple cider vinegar. Apply as a rinse after you shampoo.
- Curry Leaves to Stop White Hair: Take liberal intake of curry leaves as it beneficial in preventing premature graying of hair. These have the property to give vitality and strength to hair roots. New hair roots that grow are healthier with normal pigment. Use leaves in the form of chutney or squeeze them in butter milk or lassi. To stimulate hair growth and bring back hair pigmentation, curry leaves makes an excellent hair tonic. Simply, boil curry leaves in coconut oil to make this DIY hair oil.
- Prevent Premature Graying: The butter made from cow’s milk has the property to prevent premature graying of hair. Take a small roll internally and massage a little quantity into the hair root twice a week.
- Tested Home Treatment: Ribbed gourd, known as torai in the vernacular, boiled in coconut oil is another effective remedy for premature graying of hair. Dry pieces of this vegetable in the shade. Soak these dried pieces in coconut oil and keep aside for three or four days. Boil the oil till the solid reduces to a blackened residue. Massage this oil into the scalp. It will help enrich the hair roots and restore pigment to the hair.
- Good Vitamins and Minerals: Diet is of utmost importance in the prevention and treatment of premature graying of hair. So persons suffering from this disorder should take a diet rich in all essential nutrients. The vitamins considered useful in premature graying of hair are pantothenic acid, para aminobenzoic acid or PABA and inositol. The minimum daily requirement of these vitamins is 10 mg. of pantothenic acid, 100 gm. of para-aminobenzoic acid and 2000 mg. of inositol. To obtain satisfactory results, all three of these vitamins, belonging to B group, should be supplied at one time preferably in a form which gives all B vitamins, such as yeast, wheat germ and liver. The three anti-grey hair vitamins can be produced in the intestinal tract by bacteria. Thus drinking a liter of yogurt daily with a tablespoon of yeast before each meal will be an excellent remedy.
- Natural Herbal Hair Dye: Boiling paste of henna leaves in coconut oil is natural remedy to get a darkish oil. Use it as a hair dye to blacken white hair. Apply this paste to the hair and wash after a few hours to dye the white hair. Wash the hair with concentrated tea extract twice a week, as it is also useful in coloring white hair to brown or black.
- Easy and Simple Remedy: Spend about 20 minutes daily lying on a slant board to allow increased blood flow to the scalp. You can also consider yoga postures such as the shoulder stand or headstands as they improve blood flow to the scalp. However, these are advance yoga poses and do not try to attempt unless you are familiar with yoga.
- Gray Hair Gone with Walnut: Walnut makes a great hair mask to remove dye grey hair and makes them look dark and brown. Take 1 1/4 cups each of bruised walnut husks and coarsely chopped leaves and soak them both in a gallon of spring water for 24 hrs. Pour the soak water into a large saucepan. Boil until the liquid is reduce by half the original amount. Cool and strain the liquid. Add 1 1/8 tbsp. of either perfume or gin, bottle and store in pantry cupboard. Put a small amount hair daily with a sponge, wherever there are gray until they get darker color. The only drawback to this is that, everything the dye touched, including hair scalp, turns somewhat dark as well.