Everyday Hair Care Tips
There are millions of products in the market today that promises best hair care such as hair liquids, hair tonics, scalp care oils, hair dyes, shampoos, hair conditioners and what not. But bottom line is hair healthy inside will look healthy and glowing outside. So how to make hair healthy inside. So lets start from basic. Chiefly healthy hair depends upon a nourishing diet. Also health of your hair and nails is a good indicator of the health of your bones.
Nutrients for Healthy Hair
Proper nutrition of the bones is necessary for overall healthy growth of your hair. Especially Vitamin A, Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B9 (folic acid), Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), Sulphur are important for good health of hair. Here is a chart that will help you to understand what exactly you should include in the diet so as to make hair healthy from roots.
|Roots (radish, carrot), cabbage, cheese, dried beans, fish, eggs.
|Fish liver oil, dairy products, egg yolk, green leafy vegetables ( spinach, lettuce, cabbage), red vegetables (turnip, beets, tomatoes), orange fruits (carrot, pumpkin, mango, papaya, apricot) and dry fruits.
|Green leafy vegetables, milk products, wheat germ, egg, almonds, sunflower seeds, citrus fruits and tomatoes
|Deep green leafy vegetables, brewers yeast, mushrooms, nuts.
|Premature Greying of Hair
|Whole grain bread and cereals, green vegetables, beans, peanuts and eggs.
|Berries, rice, radishes, lentils and coconuts.
|Kelp, seaweed, fish liver oil, seafood, turnip, watercress, artichokes, citrus fruits
|Almonds, dried beans, peas, lentils, whole wheat, prunes and egg yolk
|Milk, beans, meat, whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
|Hair Shaft Growth
|Deficiency can cause thinning or loss of hair. Try food sources – apples, cherries, grapes, asparagus, beets, onions, almonds, honey, peanuts, green leafy vegetables.
|Formation of carolene which helps Hair Growth
Home Remedies to Treat Common Hair Problems
- Baldness – Lack of hair building vitamins and sluggish blood circulation in the scalp can certainly lead into baldness. To stimulate the flow of blood to the brain, scalp massage before head bath is very effective. Also healthy scalp helps to suppress dandruff. Finally avoid excessive use of hair dyes, harmful shampoos and scented conditioners. Moreover use cold water to wash hair as it promote the growth of hair. Check out more tips to prevent trichorrhexis, split ends of hair, and baldness.
- Dandruff – Lightly combing hair in the opposite direct of roots can helps to increase circulation at root. Also gentle yoga is can be stress relieving and can suppress the dandruff formation. Increase coconut intake because it has essential calcium for hair growth. Sesame seed is also a great choice as it is the richest source of calcium and magnesium. Oil massage to scalp helps equally to increases the supply of nourishing minerals that support the roots. A complete guide to remove dandruff and itchiness.
- Dry Damaged Hair – Like nail, hair is also non living part of the human body and is by-product of bone formation. It is outer part of inner hair shaft. But though it is non living, it is considered as most important part of our beauty. Surprisingly just by looking at TV infomercial, people are ready to spend hundreds of dollars to get buoyant and swirling hair. But overuse of chemicals used in shampoos and conditioners can result into dry damaged hair, as these chemicals can damage natural hair luster. Chlorine, excessive sunlight, and heat from blow dryers and curling irons can also damage hair badly. So to get rid of dry, rough, brittle, and frizzy hair learn more about natural supplements that keeps moisture and oil in the hair.
- Hair Growth – How to keep the scalp and hair altogether healthy?
- Hair Fall / Loss – If you see hair on your comb while brushing or few strains draining while taking the shower, then no need to worry. Because it could be a normal process of hair shredding to give space for new strands. Basically loosing 50 to 100 hairs a day is normal. We can consider it as a problem only when there is noticeable thinning or balding of hair. Basically, common hair loss factors includes genetics, hormones, age, overactivity of the male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), excessive sebum, mental stress, psoriasis, thyroid disease, vitamin deficiency, poor diet.
- Premature Graying of Hair – Not all hair are the same. Additionally everyone has different hair shape and pattern. Straight, wavy, coarse, coiled and curly are most common hair patterns, where as brown, black and blonde are common hair colors. So learn to make your own DIY shampoo, conditioner and hair packs to repair damaged hair. Surely make the hair soft, smooth, glossy and easy-to-comb with easily available kitchen ingredients. Additionally let mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, orange peels, avocado, lemon juice, sage, rhubarb, beer, eggs, coconut, sesame seeds and honey act as your hair tonic.
- Head and Body Lice