Long Hair Home Remedies | How Hair Growth it Works? | Causes of Hair Fall
Long hair or fast hair growth is also known as (Scientific Binomial Name), (Common English), (Unani), Baalon ki badhavaar / Bal badhana (Hindi / Urdu), Muti valarcci (Tamil), Kesanchi Vadh (Marathi), (Sanskrit), Cula briddhi (Bengali), Heyir grot (Telugu), Kudalu belavanige (Kannada), muti (Malayalam), Toufa shengzhang (Chinese), Crecimiento del cabello (Spanish), Crescimento capilar (Portuguese), Rost volos (Russian). Hair loss poses a potential problem only if it leads to noticeable thinning or balding. Otherwise it is often a normal part of life.
How it Works? – Hair Growth
As part of the body’s renewal process, most of us lose 50 to 100 hairs every day. The average rate of growth is approximately 1/2 inch per month. Interestingly, hair grows fastest in the summer, as heat and friction speed up growth. Conversely, it grows slower in the cold and the winter months. More rapid hair loss begins in both sexes by age fifty and tends to accelerate once people reach their fifties. A human adult body has an average of 5 million hairs. Out of this 100,000 to 150,000 of those located on the scalp. Since most of us also grow new strands to replace the ones that have been shed, there’s usually no reason to worry about a few stray hairs that come out with a good brushing or that swirl down the drain after a shower.
Causes of Hair Fall
Sometimes hair loss is genetic (androgenic alopecia). But it can also occur from stress, psoriasis, a variety of drugs, hormonal imbalances, kidney disease, thyroid deficiency, and more. Nutritional deficiencies can also impede the cell proliferation and division of hair. One frequent cause of male balding is excessive production of the hormones androgen and testosterone. Both of these hormones can cause the hair follicle to shrink. In men, hair loss patterns typically follow the maternal rather than paternal side. Though it is most common in men, hair loss can also be experienced by women.
Long Hair Home Remedies
19 best long hair home remedies. Here’s how natural remedies can help maximize hair growth and helps to get long hair. No matter whether you have a temporary or permanent condition, many complementary therapies exist that can help you improve your hair and scalp health. While they can’t completely reverse permanent baldness, many treatments can encourage small but significant regrowth. While we can’t promise that my herbal approaches will cover your dome with a thick mat of hair. But these natural alternatives might be worth a try.
- Ayurveda for Early Hair Loss: According to Ayurveda, early hair loss is often related to body type and the balance of the doshas. Pitta individuals are more likely than the other body types to lose their hair early in life. These are people who have excess pitta in their system. They also find that their hair becomes prematurely thin or gray. Excess pitta in the sebaceous gland, at the root of the hair, or folliculitis can make the person start losing hair. To reduce pitta and preserve the health of your hair, try aloe vera. Drink 1/3 cup aloe vera juice. Or take 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel with a pinch of cumin. Repeat 3 times a day for about 3 months.
- Remove Dandruff from Roots: For the treatment of dandruff and to encourage hair growth, add two handfuls of fresh stinging nettles to 600 ml of boiling water. Cover and leave to cool. When cold strain and use the resulting liquid as a hair rinse, massaging it well into the scalp.
- Encourage Hair Growth: If the hair roots are still alive, rubbing a clove of garlic or a piece of onion over the scalp before bed increases circulation and encourages hair growth. The scalp can be first warmed with a steaming towel to be even more effective. Shampoo and condition in the morning.
- Saw palmetto (Serenoa repens): You might want to use a combination of approaches that includes an anti-baldness medication such as minoxidil (Rogaine) or finasteride (Proscar). Biochemistry supports saw palmetto. We know that DHT kills off the hair follicles, and taking this herb internally blocks the formation of DHT. If it turns out that saw palmetto helps prevent hair loss, it would be the herb for men, since studies have shown that it also helps prevent prostate enlargement.
- Go Natural for Quick Hair Growth: Several home remedies are useful in the prevention and treatment of hair loss. The most effective remedy is a vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers after washing the hair with cold water. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with the heat. It will activate the sebaceous glands. It also energizes the circulation of blood in the affected area, making the hair grow healthy.
- Thicken Hair with Healthy Diet: Hair loss can be caused or aggravated by poor diet. Make sure to eat varied, well rounded meals made from basic foods. Include plenty of whole grains, vegetables, and quality protein such as beans, nuts, fish, and lean poultry. Biotin promotes hair and scalp health and, in some cases, can even prevent hair loss. The best sources of biotin are nuts, brown rice, brewer’s yeast, and oats. Many of these foods are also high in B vitamins, which promote hair growth. Iron is essential for hair growth. Take a spoonful of unsulfured black strap molasses every day, and include several of the following foods in your meals: green leafy vegetables, leeks, cashews, berries, dried fruits, and figs.
- Herbs for Fast Growth: Many herbs have been used to improve hair growth and diminish hair loss. The minerals selenium and silicon both help promote circulation to the scalp, and as a result, they help maintain hair. Horsetail is rich in the minerals silica and selenium, which helps promote good scalp circulation. Drink three cups of tea from horsetail daily. Also burdock root is a nutritive herb that helps break up fatty deposits that can obstruct bodily functions, including hair growth. Try tea making with burdock.
- Indian Gooseberry: Prepare amla oil by boiling dry pieces of amla in coconut oil. It is a valuable hair tonic for enriching hair growth. A mixture of equal quantity of fresh amla juice and lime juice used as a shampoo stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Powerful Home Remedy: Daily application of refined coconut oil mixed with lime water and lime juice on the hair, prevents loss of hair and lengthens them. Application of the juice of green coriander leaves on the head is also beneficial.
- Remedies with Kitchen Ingredients: Washing the hair with a paste of cooked black gram dal, (urad dal) and fenugreek (methi) lengthens the hair.
- Rosemary oil will stimulate hair growth. Take a few minutes before a shampoo to rub some into your hair and scalp.
- Apply a fine paste made from pigeon pea or red gram (arhar dal) regularly for beneficial results on bald patches.
- You can also take fresh peeled ginger dipped in brandy and rub it over the balding area, or mix castor oil with equal amounts of fresh onion juice, cover with a scarf and leave on overnight. Do this for two consecutive weeks.
- Stop Patchy Hair Loss: Certain home remedies are very useful in case of patchy loss of hair. The seeds of lime and black pepper seeds, ground to get a fine paste, is one of the valuable remedies. This paste applied on the patches, has mildly irritant action. This increases blood circulation in the affected area and stimulates hair growth. Apply the paste twice a day for a few weeks.
- Apply fresh stinging nettles to the balding area by lightly beating them on the head. Be aware that this can cause a rash and irritation that lasts up to 24 hours, yet can be very helpful.
- Be gentle to your hair. When it’s wet, use a wide-toothed comb to separate the strands, or, if possible, let your hair dry completely before combing it into place. Do not use a blow dryer, and don’t dye your hair or use bleach on it. If you want to pull your hair back, do so loosely, and use a special coated elastic that won’t grip the individual strands and pull them out.
- Stop Hair Loss: The effects of stress can be a cause of hair loss and thinning in both men and women. Generally, this type of hair loss or thinning is reversible once the levels of stress have calmed down or the person has dealt with the stress sufficiently. Sleep is essential for hair renewal and growth. Try to get eight hours a night, or more, if that’s what your body needs.
- Chinese Method for Longer Hair: Schizandra berries were widely used among the royalty of ancient China as a youth preserver, beautifier, and sexual tonic. They nourish the kidney essence, calm the liver, purify the blood, and promote radiant skin and hair. They are both astringent and demulcent, having the ability to both dry and moisten the system as needed.
- Sesame Helps Hair Growth: Eat a handful of white sesame seeds every morning. One handful of these small seeds contains about 1,200 mg. of calcium and magnesium and is a good source of nourishment for your hair.