Are you looking for a natural remedy to help you achieve beautiful, healthy skin? Look no further than jojoba oil! It is a natural oil derived from the seeds of jojoba shrubs, native to North America, that is packed with antioxidants and fatty acids. It is quickly becoming the go-to choice for those looking for an all-natural solution to common skin problems. A safe and natural choice for those looking to improve their skin health. Its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and moisturizing properties make it a great choice for anyone looking to achieve beautiful, healthy skin. So why not give it a try today? Your skin will thank you for it!
Nutritional Value and Calorie Chart
Jojoba oil is a light, non-greasy that is easily absorbed into the skin. It is rich in vitamins and minerals and helps to moisturize, protect and nourish skin. Also useful as a natural makeup remover, and its anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe and relieve skin irritations. Jojoba oil is also a wonderful choice to help treat and prevent dry scalp and dandruff. It can help to nourish the scalp and hair follicles, and it can even help to stimulate hair growth. It is also a great choice for those looking to add a bit of shine and luster to their hair. Nutritional value per 100 g jojoba fruit:
- Biotin: 0 μg
- Calcium: 9 mg
- Carbohydrates (Carbs): 11 g
- Chloride: 34 mg
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Choline: 0 mg
- Chromium: 0 μg
- Copper: 0.2 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Energy (Calories): 166 kcal
- Fat: 14 g
- Iodine: 0 μg
- Iron: 0.7 mg
- Magnesium: 14 mg
- Manganese: 0.3 mg
- Molybdenum: 0 μg
- Pantothenic Acid: 0.2 mg
- Phosphorus: 39 mg
- Potassium: 149 mg
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Saturated fat: 1.2 g
- Selenium: 0 μg
- Sodium: 36 mg
- Sugars: 0.5 g
- Vitamin A: 0 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 0.4 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B9 (Folate / Folic Acid): 0 μg
- Vitamin B12: 0 μg
- Vitamin C: 0.1 mg
- Vitamin D: 0 IU
- Vitamin E: 0.5 mg
- Vitamin K: 0.2 μg
- Water: 0.4 g
- Zinc: 0.4 mg
What is Jojoba called in India?
Indian jujube is found both wild and cultivated throughout the greater part of India, ascending to an altitude of about 1500 m in the Himalayas.
- Scientific Binomial: Simmondsia chinensis / Ziziphus jujuba / Ziziphus mauritiana
- Common English: Indian Jujube / goat nut / deer nut / pignut / wild hazel / quinine nut / coffeeberry / gray box bush
- Ayurvedic: Badar / Kola
- Sanskrit: Badri
- Hindi / Urdu: Ber
- Bengali: Ber
- Marathi: Bor
- Telugu: Regi pandu / oka thipi padhardhamu
- Tamil: Ilanthappazham / Elandhai / Handai
- Kannada: Yelchi Hannu / Baree hannu
- Malayalam: ilanthappazham / Badari / pottamullu
- Punjabi / Sindhi
Jojoba vs Jujube
Both these plants native to Mexico. Jojoba is a shrub-like plant that produces nuts that contain oil used in cosmetics, medicines, and various other products. Jujube is a small, tropical tree that produces a small, dark, edible fruit. Both plants have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. Jojoba oil is known for its moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a popular ingredient in cosmetics and skin care products. It is also used to treat skin ailments such as eczema and psoriasis. Jujube fruit is used to treat digestive issues and is believed to have anti-aging properties. It is also used in traditional Chinese medicine for its calming properties.
Jojoba Oil and Hair Care
- DYI Hair Mask: For dry hair jojoba oil and avocado makes excellent effect. Avocado moisturizes hair shafts and loads them with protein, making them stronger.
- Thoroughly mix a ripe, peeled avocado with a teaspoon of wheat-germ oil and a teaspoon of jojoba oil.
- Apply it to freshly washed hair, and spread it all the way to the ends.
- Cover scalp with a shampoo cap or a plastic bag, wait 15 to 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Dandruff and Thinning of Hair: Rub jojoba oil into scalp thoroughly. Leave overnight and shampoo in the morning. It helps to dissolve embedded sebum in the scalp, so look for jojoba based hair care products.
- Deep Conditioning Treatment: Use 10 drops in 1 ounce of jojoba oil and leave on the hair overnight, if possible, or at least for half an hour. Then shampoo. Some essential oils such as tea tree, cedar wood, rosemary, and pine are good for hair health. Besides using essential oils in prepared products, you can also add your chosen varieties to jojoba oil for a deep conditioning treatment.
- Dandruff: During winter scalp makes additional protective layer on top. This layer stops secretion of natural oil and makes scalp dry. Massage jojoba oil gently over scalp to avoid dandruff due to dryness. Adding few drops of jojoba oil to shampoo gives same anti dandruff effect. You may also add few drops of it in aloe vera gel to make homemade conditioner. Apply this conditioner on washed hair. Wash it after 1/2 hour and get smooth shining hair naturally.
Skin Care with Jojoba Oil
Jojoba also known as jujube or hohoba. Seeds of jojoba are useful to extract oil and wax. This oil has same composition as that of our natural body oil, this is why it gets absorbed in our body easily. It is very useful in beauty creams specially made for acne, stretch marks, eczema, sunburn, wrinkle and psoriasis. Try to use pure form for best result. Jojoba oil locks skin moisture and gives long lasting moisturizing effect. Jojoba oil slows down aging process, and useful in anti aging creams. Just take few drops of oil on palm and rub gently over face. Keep it overnight and wash in the morning with warm water. As it has anti inflammatory property, it is useful to treat toenail fungus. It also helps to reduce swelling and skin problems.
- A Good Organic Moisturizer: Jojoba oil, which is actually a wax ester, softens and moisturizes skin while helping to control acne and oily skin. Its antioxidant benefits extend to other oils with which it is mixed; it can extend the shelf life of blends. Essential oils that best clear up eczema and psoriasis blends well with jojoba oil.
- Chapped Lips: Combine 2 drops of chamomile oil and 2 drops of jojoba oil and apply to lips as needed.
- Diaper Rash: Rub jojoba oil into chapped, tender bottom.
- Itching: Take a cold shower, do not dry and rub down body with jojoba oil. To treat poison oak/ivy, apply a mixture of jojoba, 5 drops vitamin E oil, and 3 drops lavender oil to raw areas.
- Sunburn: To soothe sunburn, rub affected areas with jojoba oil.
- Dry Skin: To treat dry skin of face, put your usual scoop of moisturizer into your palm and add the jojoba oil. Mix together with your fingertips. Smooth over your face and neck in gentle, circular motions. It is actually liquid wax derived from the seeds of the jojoba plant. This emollient is not greasy, penetrates the skin easily, and does not clog pores as oil based lotions and creams can do. It is antiviral. You can apply it directly to skin by dropping a few drops onto fingertips, and then applying gently to the skin below eyes, face, and neck.
- Jojoba oil is great for eczema and psoriasis. Simply take pure jojoba oil and apply on skin. It rejuvenate skin and helps to repair fast. It helps to heal wounds and minor skin infection. It is also useful for dry and brittle nails. It makes nails strong and looks shiny.
There are no major known side effects. It is best practice to use it on small part of skin first and check for any allergies. If you do not find any rashes or allergic reaction, then you may continue it. You may also consult your family doctor before using it. Because jojoba oil is so stable, you can keep a huge bottle on hand for ages without it going bad.
Q. Is it good to put jojoba oil on your face?
It is non greasy oil. You can directly apply it on skin or add few drops of pure jojoba oil in any beauty product. For chapped lips, during winter, apply it on lips. It helps to heal small lip cracks and make them more soft, pink and shiny. It also helps to heal cracked heels. Apply jojoba oil on cracked heels and keep it overnight. Next day message gently and wash with warm water. Similarly you can also apply it on sunburn and small skin problems. To remove tan, apply jujube oil directly to skin and keep it for 2-3 hours. Wash gently. Continue for at least a week to remove tan completely.