Weight loss is possible without going to gym for hours. Simple everyday tips like chewing food to a pulpy liquid consistency, 40 minutes any favorite outdoor sports, eat when hungry, taking whole-grain breakfast are few easy tricks those will definitely work. Long lasting weight loss can be achieved easily by correct lifestyle, well balanced nutritious diet, appropriate exercise, and sound sleep.
What Exactly Means Weight Management?
Weight management is not always about overweight, it could be about underweight also. If you want to lose weight, there are many weight loss programs that can help you achieve your goal but what we are emphasizing on is a healthy balanced life. By this time, you must be aware that, for weight loss well balanced diet and exercise is very important. You must be knowing the difference between healthy and unhealthy food. I don’t want to give the knowledge that you already possess or to teach anything again from scratch. Also don’t want you to try something new and different. I just want to help you to make that empowering decision of weight loss. I just want you to make exercise, nutritional eating, adequate rest and sleep as a part of your daily rituals.
Why Most Of The Popular Diet Plan for Weight Loss Fail?
Weight loss and dieting is a vast profit making industry. It is getting popular in a culture that is increasingly obsessed with fast food, dieting and body image, fashion and the celebrity cult. Every other day it is selling the new diet plan which is better than previous one, but seldom work. There are numerous websites available today offering diets and weight loss theories. Weight goes down initially but soon shoots up again and the whole miserable cycle starts all over again. Dieting can lead to unhealthy and dangerous eating behaviors, such as bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa.
Tips to Avoid Overweight
Apart from best diet plan for weight loss, here are few tips to avoid overweight. If you are reading this page, it is not hard to predict that you are already dealing with weight management issue. Overweight has become one of the chief health problem, which has even put many other diseases such as heart trouble, diabetes, hypertension and atherosclerosis down in the list.
- Clean you refrigerator: A big factor in overweight in women is digging in the refrigerator, while doing their housework. Most of them do this so unconsciously that they swear they eat less than most people. A lot of times losing weight is a struggle because many have the refrigerator filled with candies and ice creams, especially if you have children in the house. Other family members can support in this case by not keeping such tempting food in refrigerator or in pantry. In fact family, friends, and coworkers can also help by frequently reinforcing reminder about weight loss.
- Find out Root Cause: Draw out a chart of your weight over the years. You will get a quick idea of when weight became an issue in your life. If you see that the weight started to come on at specific age, then check what was going on in your life there. It might a divorce, change in the lifestyle, addition of a new baby in the family, switching into new job, or loss of loved one. It could be anything. Just note it down. This can help you to find exact root cause of overweight, and thing to work with to get effective results.
- Watch What You Are Eating: Accept responsibility for your eating behavior. We always blame others for our eating behavior – parents, spouse, colleagues, or friends. But remember your 100% responsible for your own eating behavior. Eat what your body actually needs. Eat when you are physiologically hungry and not when you are psychologically hungry. Only eat what your body needs to function and remain healthy. Listen to your body signal. At mealtime, if you are not hungry, it is simply ok to skip it. Do not fall in the excuse that, I don’t feel hungry, but I may get hungry later so better I eat now. This reasoning denies the signal from the body that it doesn’t need food. Don’t just eat the food because you don’t want to waste the food in garbage can. Always, always eat with respect for your body, because if you respect your body, you are never likely to regard it as a garbage can. The more important part of diet is that, tell yourself what to eat and don’t tell what not to eat. It is very obvious human behavior that if you concentrate on what not to do, you most of the time end up doing it.
- Eat slowly and only at mealtimes, sparingly and properly. Do not eat while watching TV. Also do not eat between meals. Sit down and have your meal with greater pleasure. Take time to taste each mouthful to give your taste buds time to enjoy each bite fully. When eating with your fingers you put the item of food down on the plate until you have finished each mouthful. Choose healthy foods and design a meal plan based on the nutrition knowledge that you already possess. Eat less calorie rich foods. Green leafy vegetables salad could be great choice taste good to you.
- Change habitual behaviors such as snacking. If you feel the urge to snack, try to find healthy, natural foods, instead of processed chips and dip or cookies.
- Start eating smaller portions. It takes some to realize our body that we are full. If you will feel hungry after ours, you may again try small portion.
Diet Plan for Weight Loss
In world, about 60 % of whom are overweight, and approximately 35 % who qualify as obese turn to diets to lose weight. More than half of the population is dieting or has dieted. But has this system of dieting worked? These diets obviously don’t work permanently; they are only temporary measures that produce temporary results. Permanent measures result in permanent changes. If you want to lose weight, then remember there is no to substitute a healthy diet and an exercise program. These are the two keys for the successful weight loss.
- Well Balanced Diet: First, be sure that you eat a well balanced diet from the five basic food groups – Carbohydrates, Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals, and fats (small portion but necessary). By this time you must have read about many different diet plans. But how to decide which diet plan is good for you? Very simple, just don’t decide anything. Go with flow as most of these diet programs are equally good. Every body type is different and every person has different nutrition requirements. Decide it yourself what you are in the mood for that day. Sometimes you may be in the mood for a vegetable day, sometimes a high protein day, sometimes a liquid day. It is all right to shift from one to the other from day to day. Only important thing to watch out is the total number of calories that you ingest in relation to your physical activity. Whether you get the calories from one kind of food or another doesn’t make too much difference, as long as your basic nutritional needs are met.
- Eating Habits: What if I say eat what you want and loose weight? I know you have heard it all before but how you can achieve a healthy normal weight and maintain it while eating as much as you want. Simple, you only think of what you are eating, and concentrate on one bite at a time. Be aware of the food touch, the taste, the smell, the temperature, and the texture with total involvement. Pay full attention to every swallow and then you think about taking another bite. It is incredible to watch how much fulfillment and enjoyment you gets out of each swallow. This whole process not only helps you radically change your eating behavior, but it brings joy back to eating again. Your body thanks and loves you because it knows you are letting it become healthy, beautiful energetic and happy. Look at the food as fuel. Fill it only as much as you need. No matter how delicious the food is, once your appetite is satisfied, stop at that particular moment.
- Self Motivation: The real reason people fail at weight loss is not the ineffectiveness of the diets, but rather the failure that people on diets have with changing lifelong patters of thinking. Self motivation is an effective tool for promoting weight loss because it can do what diets cannot. It can help you reprogram the destructive associations you have with food and re-frame your vantage point on exercise and physical fitness, helping you to change your overall lifestyle. Weight loss motivation must come from within you. It should not be because someone else wants you to do so. If you want to lose weight, then only you will lose weight. You will automatically become choosier about what you eat and when you eat. Whenever you see either a fattening or unnecessary food, you will find it much easier to choose not to overeat. Losing weight will become more easy. You will even find yourself being satisfied with less food.
- Physical Activity: Any physical activity of your choice like walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, yoga, aerobics or playing sports will work for you. You may even think about joining gym or aerobics classes.
- Feel the Changes: Your body is truly a remarkable creation and you must have a tremendous respect for it. Once you start losing the weight feel that extra energy. This energy will help you keep going. You will start feeling to exercise more to look thinner and slimer. Change your relationship to your body. Prepare for ideal weight. The preparation for weight loss is mandatory if you want to be successful in the long term. Visualize yourself thinner and healthier. Picture yourself at your ideal weight.
- Set a Target: This is an important step in achieving weight loss. Choose the ideal weight that suits you, the weight that suits your bone structure and height. Healthy levels of weight loss should be the target. Set a realistic goal for your excess weight loss. There is no magic wand that you wave and the extra pounds vanish. Decide how many pounds you can realistically lose every week, and plan accordingly. The only way to lose weight is to consume fewer calories than the body burns in a day. Put energy and effort into healthy weight loss program, as healthy weight loss is a gradual process. It would be unhealthy to lose fast for example, 25 pounds in just two weeks. You need identify realistic expectations and goals. Losing one to two pounds a week for women and two to three pounds for men is realistic, attainable, and healthy. If you want to lose 20 pounds and if it takes eight to ten weeks, then I think that is probably appropriate. The two things together that are – food intake (quality and quantity) and physical exercise in a correct combination can leads to success.
Causes of Overweight
Apart from best diet plan for weight loss, here are common causes of over weight. Most dieting plans leads people to overeat again. Teenagers may also be concerned with sport and artistic activities that emphasize thinness and competition. Teenage girls are particularly prone to developing eating problems. However, boys are also concerned with issues relating to body shape and weight. There is often a preoccupation with food and body image that generates stress and anxiety as well as disruptive eating patterns.
- Mental Stress: Some people says that they feel hungry when they are helpless, worried, sad, disappointed, anxious or frustrated. When something displeases them or stresses them, they feel hungry. Family stress, dealing with life transitions such as bereavement, and school bullying, can all contribute to the development of such eating disorders. But these things are nothing to do with eating or feeling hungry. Mind knows very well the difference between real hunger when your body needs food for energy and the stupid desire to eat for some other idiotic reason. You should only eat when it is a real hunger, when your body tells you it need nourishment.
- Overeating: Often the seeds of the problem of wrong eating habits, started at a very early age. As we grow up there are all sorts of messages programmed into the mind in connection with eating. When food is left on the plate you are told not to waste it. You are told that you must have three square meals a day. When a child cries because it has hurt itself the parents will often stick a sweet into its mouth as a comforter. Such messages over time will program your mind to eat because you feel unhappy or because you are ill or for many other reasons but not because you are actually hungry and need the food as a source of energy and sustenance. Some people simply don’t eat enough food and end up below the desired weight for their height and bone structure. This is an unhealthy situation that can compromise their overall health.
- Inadequate Rest or Sleep Apnea.
- Obesity: Obesity disorder is usually a medical and psychological problem. This can cause a person to use dieting or weight loss to provide a sense of control and stability. But treatment typically involves working with a physician, nutritionist and psychologist. Proper guidance will be needed to deal serious eating problems, improve confidence, and anxiety management. Associated problems with obesity may include depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, substance abuse or self-harm. Read More About ….. Obesity Treatment in Ayurveda to Get Shape and Weight Loss Naturally. Home Remedies for Obesity Weight Management